Pfizer Senior Manager Global PEH Market Access, PHI in New York City, New York
The primary responsibility of this position is to lead or support Pricing and Market Access strategy development for products Global Brands and Sterile Injectables as well as some Anti-Infectives in the PEH portfolio. The incumbent will generate and synthesize pricing and payer insights; support development of market access strategies, including customer value propositions and pricing strategies across varying market archetypes. The individual will report to the PEH Market Access Global Marketing Team Lead.
• Develop and deliver Pricing and Access strategies needed to optimize global patients' access to products within the PEH portfolio
• Deliver clear recommendations relating to payer strategy, pricing and reimbursement, evidence generation, data collection and value proposition
• Bring creative solutions to the team while employing leading-edge methodologies and by identifying and scaling innovative ideas
• Work efficiently and collaboratively in a highly matrixed environment
• Execute effective processes and ways of working to support collaboration with key internal stakeholder groups such as commercial, medical, finance, and public affairs
• Understand and shape health care environment: (a) Demonstrate understanding of the limitations of specific data sources on market landscape, analogs & P&R trends; (b) Interpret trends shaping the future price and access landscape to provide input into development and BD decisions; (c) Skills to pressure tests and challenges assumptions on pricing and access opportunities and hurdles
• Generate Insights and engagement plan with Pricing and Reimbursement Stakeholders: (a) Demonstrate understanding of limitations of various methodologies to address business questions on price potential or access scenarios; (b) Design research and ensure alignment among relevant cross-functional disciplines; (c) Synthesize results to analyze price potential, access scenarios and develop risk mitigation strategies
• Develop Pricing and Access Strategies, map product pricing globally and optimize value: (a) Support development of Global Pricing Policies for launch assets; (b) Continuously cross-reference with country and regional H&V colleagues to inform product pricing and market access strategy; (c) Analyze and consider opportunities, challenges and trends across regions, payer archetypes; (d) Develop payer negotiation framework and other market access & pricing tools to demonstrate product value; (e) Analyzes and considers opportunities, challenges and trends across markets/regions/ payer archetypes
• Provide support to markets to achieve pricing and reimbursement targets: (a) Guides countries in tailoring and adapting resources to local market dynamics and stakeholder needs; (b) Demonstrate knowledge of the risk and benefits of various pricing and access strategy options;
Advanced degree in a healthcare, business or economic field preferred.
Education: Bachelor's degree required.
Minimum of 2-5 years of experience in healthcare environment, preferably pharmaceutical industry or related consulting services, sufficient to have developed a practical understanding of the global payer and market access environment
Knowledge and understanding of drug development process
Familiarity with strategic and operating planning processes
Knowledge of health economics
Strong interpersonal skills and active listening.
Proven ability to develop strong partnerships across functions.
Executive presence and ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization.
Outstanding writing and presentation skills.
Ability to work under pressure, to take accountability for business challenges, thinks strategically and tackles complex problems.
Intellectual curiosity and ability to spot trends/ patterns.
Strong customer-orientation; an ability to see issues from the point of view of others.
Ability to work successfully and cooperatively with colleagues across multiple cultures and time-zones.
An "execution mindset" focused on getting things done quickly and simply.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Flexibility to travel is required
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
- Last Date to Apply for Job: 5/23/2018
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.