Pfizer Finance Manager in New York, New York
A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
This position reports directly to the Director, Enabling Finance and is responsible for providing business partner support to the Finance, HR, HR (Non divisional), and Aviation organizations. The candidate will develop strategies, provide management reporting and financial operations support to ensure the business meets or exceeds its financial targets and utilizes its resources in the most efficient manner possible. The Finance Manager is responsible for managing a combined expense budget of approximately $800M.
• Provides business partner and financial support to ELT-1, ELT-2, ELT-3 or ELT-4 clients, including FP&A activities such as month-end close, providing oversight on transactional finance processes executed by GFS partners and assisting with budgeting and forecasting.
• Prepare and ensure the quality, accuracy and timeliness of the month-end close, monthly reports, accruals, balance sheet reviews, forecasts and annual budget/operating plan preparation.
• Monitor, track and proactively report business performance, identifying issues, opportunities and challenges. Candidates should be able to propose solutions once identified.
• Interact with key business leaders/stakeholders to communicate financial performance and solutions. In order to do this, colleagues must understand the operational and financial impact of business decisions and be able to perform options analysis in order to differentiate between investment alternatives
• More demonstrated leadership and management through others either through project work or through direct reports.
• Ensure an effective control environment, compliance with GAAP and corporate policies and provide support for regular internal and external audits
• Drive and cultivate collaborative relationships with the client and other finance partners to facilitate an understanding of key business drivers.
• Responsible for identifying areas of opportunity for improvement in process, and implementing methodologies that drive positive change. Lead change initiatives within the team and foster a culture of continuous improvement
Other Responsibilities could include:
• In the process of developing business case capabilities
• Challenging existing processes and defining new and more efficient solutions
• Supporting the financial integration of acquired businesses, as applicable
• Help support the enterprise HR non divisional activities
• Assist in the management of global capital spend, forecast, and active supervision of CIP and fixed assets.
• Commercial knowledge of procurement contracts, terms and pricing
• Identify and support alternative ways to procure third party spend
• Learn how to supervise cross functional teams - financial due diligence of Project Investment decisions, and their budget execution.
• Support all audit efforts (internal and external) including the asset verification process, disclosures for controllers, impairment memos and KPMG testing
• Learning technical accounting / specialized KPMG memos
• Project lead for various Pfizer Inc. Initiatives linked to clients- examples could include work related to acquisitions and divestitures
Candidates should be able to interact with clients to ensure all financial and operational targets are achieved and be able to thrive in a complex, global, matrixed environment and manage competing deadlines and priorities. Ideally, they should have a basic understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and external environment. The role requires an individual who is capable of identifying opportunities to do things better.
The successful candidate will:
• Serve as a finance business partner with strong controls and compliance mindset
• Have core FP&A responsibilities and project leadership skills
• Identify solutions and assist with strategy development
• Develop strong relationships with senior clients/finance partners
• Find efficiencies through continuous improvement teams
• Lead and/or develop others via direct management responsibility or project teams
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
• MBA or CPA preferred
• 5-7 Years' Experience (accounting and business finance - FP&A, financial modeling, template creation, etc)
• 0 - 2 years of previous experience as a business partner
• 0 - 2 years prior management experience
• Able to clearly link financial results to operational performance drivers, and identify areas of opportunity for positive change
• Developing Business Operations / Acumen - Learning how the business works; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology and information affecting the business; working to develop an understanding of the financial implications of operational decisions
• Industry and Market Knowledge - Learning the external environment in which the business operates (i.e. our competitors, emerging trends, products, threats and opportunities)
• Learning how to define an investment opportunity, analyze alternatives, and present a final recommendation supported by financial metrics and operational necessity independently.
• Continuous Improvement Mindset - Strong Project Management Skills
• Strong communication and influencing skills
• Strong excel and powerpoint capabilities, and systems knowledge (Ariba, SUN)
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Other Job Details:
Last Date to Apply for Job: May 22, 2018
Additional Location Information: Colleague can be based in NYHQ or Peapack, NJ office; if located in Peapack, weekly travel to NY will be required (once or twice a week)
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.