Pfizer Principal Scientist, Onc. In Vivo Pharmacology in Pearl River, New York
Role Summary: A Principal Scientist position requiring a Ph.D. degree for a passionate, highly enthusiastic scientist with a strong work ethic is immediately available. The candidate requires a strong background in pre-clinical mouse models, tumor immunology and immunotherapy to join the Pearl River (PR) In Vivo Pharmacology team within the Oncology R&D Unit. The successful candidate will interact with project teams to conceptualize, initialize, execute, supervise and manage in vivo studies. The candidate will have the opportunity to implement novel tumor targeting strategies with an emphasis on in vivo biology. The candidate will have an opportunity to establish or optimize animal models required to provide pre-clinical support during the development of immune-therapeutics including humanized mouse models, adoptive immune cell transfer models, and ex vivo organoid models derived from the Pfizer PDX collection. The candidate will have a proven track record of scientific rigor as evidenced by publications in prominent journals, prior management of a team of scientists, and interdisciplinary collaborations. The candidate will uphold Pfizer values and work with the Pearl River Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee to uphold all regulations involving animal welfare. The candidate will work in a highly matrixed environment within the in vivo group, amongst the project teams requiring in vivo support, with partner lines including drug safety, pharmacokinetics, and across sites with the other in vivo teams of the Oncology R&D Unit.
• Contribute to the design and support of in vivo experiments approved by the Pearl River In vivo committee to provide pre-clinical support for immune-therapies in the Pfizer pipeline.
• Improve and develop pre-clinical models to support the development of novel immune-therapeutics (single agent and combination therapies), driving the science and execution.
• As manager of the In Vivo Immunotherapy Team, demonstrate a high level of initiative to oversee, troubleshoot and accurately perform data analysis on in vivo studies supported by the team.
• Ability to work in a highly matrixed environment on multiple projects simultaneously. Provide strategic vision and contribute to the culture of the group.
• Effectively collaborate with members of the Oncology group within the Targeted Therapy Discovery group and Oncology Target Discovery groups and all supporting partner lines.
• Responsible for providing in vivo progress review and future plans as an integral member of project teams.
• Prepare technical reports to support project reviews, publications, and IND submissions.
• Present data at internal and external meetings, first author or significant contributions to publications.
• Uphold Pfizer values and become a member of the Pearl River IACUC and work with the IACUC to uphold all regulations involving animal welfare.
• Ph.D. degree in Immunology, Cancer Biology, Cell Biology, Pharmacology with a solid background in tumor immunology. Postdoctoral experience required (4-8 years) and pharmaceutical industry experience preferred.
• Strong research experience with in vivo mouse tumor models is required (PDX, syngeneic, and/or GeMMs), pre-clinical antibody and immunotherapy treatments, along with cell culture, live animal imaging and flow cytometry experience.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral and highly motivated and organized in terms of setting, implementing and achieving goals for self and team.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Employee Referral Bonus Eligible
A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the bio-pharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.