Pfizer Patient Affairs Liaison in Remote, Ohio
The Portfolio Patient Affairs Liaison (PAL) is a field based, community-facing colleague who serves as an educational resource for both local advocacy groups and individual patients. The primary function of the PAL is to liaise with community-based advocacy and patient groups and their constituents on programs, resources, support and services available from Pfizer and/or related to Pfizer Rare Disease products. Although field-based, the role is a non-sales role that reports directly into the U.S. Rare Disease Patient Engagement and Advocacy organization, the National Director of Patient Affairs. Colleagues in this role will play an integral role in helping Pfizer establish leadership within the Hemophilia, Gaucher Disease and Acromegaly category. All of this will be executed in close collaboration with legal and compliance colleagues to ensure that these new capabilities and approaches are implemented in a thoughtful manner that meets Pfizer's high standards of conduct.
This territory is Northern Ohio, Western PA, Western NY and West Virginia
• Drive patient understanding of Pfizer Rare Disease integrated, category leading patient support
programs. These services may include among other activities: Disease Information, Product
Information, Reimbursement Support, Product Distribution / Fulfillment, Device Training,
• Coordination and implementation of Pfizer Rare Disease patient programs at the local level.
• Deliver comprehensive overview of patient support services and programs to patients and
advocacy groups at various Pfizer-Sponsored events (e.g. Booth Exhibits)
• Develop and grow strong working partnerships with local advocacy groups to advance the
needs of Hemophilia patients and other Rare Diseases
• Upon request, engage in individual patient interactions to enhance understanding of
Hemophilia patient services
• Manage the customer-facing elements external funding requests in the form of sponsorships and exhibit requests from local advocacy groups, chapters and associations. Manage the budget for the above said opportunities
• Collaborate with National Director of Patient Affairs to ensure the integrated patient offerings support intended objectives in the context of the local market dynamics
• Provide local insights to inform Hemophilia Brand Team development of educational materials
for patient engagement and patient support services that fill needs within the patient community
• Ensure all aspects of patient and advocacy group engagement interactions are implemented in a
thoughtful manner that meets Pfizer's high standards of conduct.
Plan, coordinate and deliver the Community Connections Programs to the hemophilia community, and deliver other related consumer focused slide decks to the Rare Disease community.
• Expect candidates to demonstrate these commercial competencies: Patient and Customer-Centric thinking, Market Customer and Competitor Insight and Focus, Experience in highly competitive markets, Strong ability to partner and collaborate, Excellent communication skills
• Passion for addressing unmet needs within the patient community
• In depth understanding and experience in the execution of patient programs
• Strong understanding of Hemophilia markets, Gaucher Disease Market, Acromegaly Disease market and/or other Rare Diseases
• Experience working with Hemophilia Treatment Centers, Home Health Care and patient advocacy groups a plus
• Demonstrated track record of working well across internal and external stakeholders
• Demonstrated passion for patient centered strategy and execution
• Strong communication and facilitation skills; thinks and communicates with the audience's needs first
• 6-8 years' experience in customer-facing roles in the pharmaceutical, biotech or medical industries.
• BA/BS Required
• Nursing degree and/or Social Work degree is a plus
• Fluency to read and speak Spanish a plus
• Ability to partner with legal and compliance to ensure high standards of integrity are maintained
• This position will require significant regular domestic travel weekends and evenings to develop and cultivate internal and external relationships and lead execution of team's patient programs. Must be able to travel up to 75% of the time, much of which is on weekends, and must live within the territory, within one hour of a major airport.
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.