Pfizer GBI China Delivery Manager in Shanghai, China
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues are working together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Each position at Pfizer touches and contributes to the success of our business and our world. That's why, as one of the global leaders in the biopharmaceutical industry, Pfizer is committed to seeking out inspired new talent who share our core values and mission of making the world a healthier place.
As a member of the Global Business Intelligence (GBI) Centre of Excellence (CoE) Chinateam, part of Pfizer's Business Technology (BT) organization, this Manager position has responsibility to:
Deliver multiple concurrent Business Intelligence (BI), data warehousing, reporting, big data, advanced analytics & artificial intelligence (AI) projects within the region and on occasions, globally;
Collaborate with both the project client (typically a Pfizer business unit or enabling function) and Business Technology (BT) business facing business partners in the region;
Collaborate with the GBI regional and global GBI colleagues for successful delivery of multiple projects;
Provide thought leadership to drive BI innovation and new ways of working; and
Partner with other teams to advance BI capabilities in the region.
The position is part of a growing team where teamwork is important and involves working closely with the business and BT business partners, to provide our colleagues with trusted and innovative solutions that empower them to draw business insights from data, to improve patient lives, deliver new medicines and pioneering care for the people who rely on us.
At times, this position will require independent working and management of third party partners/vendors during assigned projects, to deliver high quality solutions to uncover insights with real business value in alignment with Pfizer's and the region's business and technology strategies.
• Lead the delivery, manage and be responsible for the delivery of multiple concurrent or large complex Business Intelligence (BI), data warehousing, reporting, big data, advanced analytics & Artificial Intelligence (AI) projects in region, that maximize the value from data in answering business questions that accelerate the building of a healthier world and improve patient lives.
• Responsible for managing project priorities and the communication of project delivery dates, plans, budgets and project financial tracking to key stakeholders.
• Work with the business, Business Technology (BT) stakeholders and partners/vendors to capture key requirements, translate them into projects in alignment using Pfizer's approved standards & architecture and seek approval for projects following the standard governance processes. Where appropriate, conduct prototyping and innovation sessions.
• Work collaboratively with the GBI Service Operations, GBI Solution Engineering and other Business Technology (BT) teams to deliver viable Business Intelligence technical solutions through building relationships.
• Serve as the first escalation and resolution point during the delivery of assigned projects.
• Maintain solid customer engagement with key stakeholders, including business, StratCO and BT colleagues.
• Create thought leadership materials to drive BI innovation and new ways of working.
• Partner with other enabling functions (e.g. StratCO Business Analytics & Commercial Operations teams) to advance BI capabilities in the region.
Education & Experience:
• Minimum undergraduate degree in either a technology or a relevant discipline
• Solution delivery/project management BI experience in large organizations
• 5+ years of experience in delivering multiple concurrent or large complex projects
• Knowledge of enterprise Business Intelligence (BI) solutions
• Experience of management consultancy is preferable
• Experience in developing and socialising business cases with both technical and non-technical audiences
Functional and Technical Skill Requirements:
• Generic Skills:
• Project (Solution Delivery) management
• Supplier/Vendor management
• Innovation with changing business requirements
• Interpersonal skills:
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Working in a complex matrix organisation
• Business Intelligence & Data Warehouse technical skills:
• Data Warehousing & Reporting (Microsoft and SAP Business Objects)
• Data Integration
• Information Architecture & Data Governance
• Data Visualisation (Tableau)
• Master Data Management & Data Stewardship
• Future customer, industry and information technology trends
Occasional travel may be required
• Ability to create technical examples, prototypes, and demonstrations based on rapidly changing data sets
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced multi-disciplinary environment; with the ability to effectively communicate with a diverse audience
• Ability to communicate the results of complex analysis to non-technical audiences via effective visualizations and presentations
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
10% travel to other Pfizer locations
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.