Pfizer Account Director, PCA Payer Account Management in United States
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues are working together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Each position at Pfizer touches and contributes to the success of our business and our world. That's why, as one of the global leaders in the biopharmaceutical industry, Pfizer is committed to seeking out inspired new talent who share our core values and mission of making the world a healthier place.
The Account Director, Payer & Channel Access (PCA), Payer Account Management, is responsible for managing all aspects of assigned priority accounts within a designated geography. Assigned regional accounts include regional health plans, pharmacy benefit managers (PBMs), health exchanges, and state Medicaid plans. The Account Director is responsible for delivering customer value and building trust within assigned accounts. Key responsibilities include maintaining and creating profitable access, leveraging compliant clinical and financial information, leading the coordination of appropriate advocacy, and working cross-functionally to capitalize on synergistic opportunities within assigned accounts.
The Account Director will
• Leverage clinical, demand, and financial levers to achieve and maintain profitable access for assigned products (GIP & GEP) across the lifecycle of each product.
• Meet or exceed performance objectives, including the successful execution of all product access goals.
• Collaborate, as appropriate, with multiple internal stakeholders (Medical, Contracting, Customer Analytics, Marketing, Regional Business Directors) to develop and implement successful business strategies.
• Be responsible for developing and maintaining mutually-beneficial relationships with all assigned customers within a designated geography.
• Work synergistically with the Specialty Account Director to appropriately leverage the entire Pfizer portfolio.
• Negotiate, implement, maintain, ensure compliance, and optimize all Pfizer managed care contract agreements with direct and/or indirect effect on assigned customers.
• Continually develop and leverage industry-leading skills in the categories of Executive Presence, Financial Analytics, Market & Channel Knowledge, Strategic Planning & Execution, and Negotiations.
• BA/BS Degree required. MBA or advanced degree in a related field preferred.
• 5-10 years of previous pharmaceutical, biotech, or medical marketing/sales experience
• At least three years in a promoted position (e.g. District Sales Manager).
• Documented experience working with key thought leaders or high influence customers in large healthcare organizations.
• Strong business acumen and analytical skills are required.
• Demonstrated leadership including the ability to influence and motivate others, lead through change, and deliver on Pfizer business imperatives required.
• Must demonstrate the ability to successfully create and execute upon business goals, strategies and tactics.
• Must be able to travel, as needed, to attend internal and external meetings.
• Proficient is Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
• Ability to develop and evaluate financial analyses.
• Ability to understand and appropriately relate highly complex medical information.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Other Job Details:
Last Date to Apply for Job: May 25, 2018
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.