Pfizer Area Business Manager, Prostate Cancer in United States
The Oncology Area Business Manager is responsible for the supervision and leadership of healthcare representatives within the area assigned, sales performance for oncology products within the area and the business knowledge of the area landscape to assess key stakeholders plus future trends within the marketplace.
• Responsible for supervising operations of the Area to include: hiring, coaching, representative development, performance management, and the assignment of key "priority" accounts within the medical community.
• Develops and implements Area business plan, manages Area budget and overall responsibility for P&L at Area level in alignment with Oncology Team Leader expectations.
• Plans, organizes and monitors performance to achieve the business potential of the Area including in line and launch products
• Drive sales in geography
• Establish and maintain an effective communications system among all members of the Area including relevant cross-functional partners
• Relationship Building, Advocate Development (external), Coordination, communication and planning required with other ABMs, DBM's, RBDs, Key Account Managers, Field Medical Directors, Strategic Alliance and Field Reimbursement Managers and NYHQ leadership and marketing team as needed and appropriate
• Account management skills; ability to build relationships with account C-suite
• Builds sustainable, long-term relationships with decision-makers at key customers/accounts
• Maintain required technical expertise in order to respond accurately to all questions regarding products, policies, and business-related issues from customers and representatives.
• Works in the field with all members of Area to coach and counsel on improvement of selling skills, product knowledge, and capabilities needed for successful representative development
• Effectively plan and conduct plan of action and other meetings with peer members of the Area including Oncology Sales and Account Management Leadership.
• Has complete understanding of all relevant compliance laws, policies and processes. Ensures actions of self and team are fully compliant.
• BA/BS Degree required. MBA or advanced degree in a related field preferred.
• Either oncology sales experience or sales management experience preferred
• Experience working with key thought leaders or high influence customers in large group practices, hospitals, or managed care organizations preferred.
• Strong organizational and analytical skills are also required and ability to analyze and draw appropriate conclusions using sales data/call reporting software/applications and able to adapt to Pfizer's long range technology model in bringing Pfizer information to market.
• Outstanding history of demonstrated sales performance required.
• Experience launching products preferred.
• Previous supervisory experience preferred and ability to hire, develop and motivate others, lead through change, and deliver on Pfizer business imperatives is necessary to be successful in this role.
• This position will require some travel as needed to develop internal and external relationships.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Additional Offer Details:
Last Date to Apply for Job: July 27, 2018
Additional Location Information: Geography Covers Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, and Northern Virginia
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus: Yes
Eligible for Relocation Package: Yes
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.