Pfizer Director, Field Medical Dermatology West Team Territory: Midwest in United States
The Field Medical Director (FMD) is a field-based medical colleague responsible for providing therapeutic area /product expertise for the designated therapeutic area in the assigned region (comprised of one or more US states) focusing on the therapeutic area's in-line and late-stage portfolio.
The responsibilities of the FMD are to contribute to Pfizer's ability to (a) communicate new and other important approved medical content related to the safe and appropriate use of Pfizer medicines to therapeutic area health care professionals (HCPs) in local, regional or national capacities including therapeutic area HCP decision-makers at organized customers such as Medical Groups, Integrated Delivery Networks, Payers, etc. and engage in other approved communications in accordance with approved FMD guidance; (b) provide truthful, accurate and scientifically supported information in response to direct unsolicited medical requests from HCPs in a manner that complies with all applicable Pfizer guidelines, policies, and procedures; and (c) provide therapeutic area/product expertise for regional and other Medical Affairs and/or clinical development needs as approved by FMD leadership (e.g. formulary presentations, field force training, organized customer projects/collaborations, scientific congress participation, Pfizer-sponsored research site / investigator interactions, TA/product expertise for Pfizer-sponsored NIS, IIR inquiries etc.).
The FMD will interact with HCPs in the region including therapeutic area HCPs affiliated with organized customers. The FMD will respond to medical questions regarding Pfizer products for the designated therapeutic area and other Pfizer medicines as appropriate. The FMD may be involved in presentations to payers, managed care organizations, formulary decision makers and regional medical advisory boards in accordance with the designated therapeutic area medical strategy established by the FMD TL. The FMD will also facilitate communication between regional and national HCPs and headquarters Medical Affairs colleagues and provide customer insights that contribute to the development of brand medical strategies as appropriate. The FMD will facilitate both Pfizer sponsored and investigator initiated research activities in their regions, as determined by the HQ Medical teams and in accordance with guidance.
• The FMD will primarily be responsible for providing approved medical content on Pfizer's products in the designated therapeutic area to HCPs who have local, regional, or national roles in health care provision and/or decision-making as determined by Pfizer, the I&;I FMD, FMD TL, and US Medical Affairs.
• Keep abreast of medical and scientific developments in the designated therapeutic area by continuously reviewing literature in the field, monitoring competitor activities, networking with experts and attending assigned conferences.
• Maintain effective and appropriate communication and collaboration among headquarters medical colleagues, Medical Information and other Pfizer FMD colleagues.
• Ensure compliance with all internal/external SOPs/Rules/Regulations.
• Serve as a conduit and resource for customer insights pertaining to disease areas and Pfizer assets.
• Serve as conduit and medical resource to therapeutic area investigators and researchers, as appropriate.
• Contribute to the medical planning for brand/asset team projects and activities, and work with medical leadership to develop and implement the FMD team medical plan for Pfizer products in the designated therapeutic area.
• Lead regional work streams and regional cross-functional initiatives that contribute to the medical impact within a region for Pfizer products in the designated therapeutic area.
• Serves as a project lead for the field team as assigned by the I&;I FMD leadership.
• Serve on medical and/or disease area and asset cross-functional committees, as appropriate.
• Serve as a model and mentor for training new colleagues and be recognized as a sought out therapeutic area expert by colleagues broadly across the enterprise.
Education / Experience
Terminal Doctorate degree (PharmD, PhD, or Doctor of Nursing Practice) with 7 or more years of relevant experience required. Expertise or experience in the designated therapeutic area is highly desirable.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
• Excellent and demonstrated interpersonal skills: ability to understand and respond to multiple external and internal customers' demands, manage and handle conflict constructively required.
• Demonstrated ability to
Manage a significant volume of projects developed in a field-based environment, while exhibiting the ability to prioritize, successfully implement, and demonstrate excellent judgment skills and work in a continuous improvement environment.
Work within a matrixed, multi-disciplinary team to foster strong Pfizer/customer professional relationships and which are aligned with Pfizer business objectives.
Effectively manage through and lead change in an ever-changing and evolving external health care environment.
-Flexible to new opportunities (e.g. new therapeutic areas) and adaptable to organizational change.
Ability to problem-solve and network throughout the organization to identify solutions.
Collaborate effectively and demonstrate leadership and teamwork with peers, internal stakeholders and external customers that inspires alignment and partnership on a shared vision or strategy.
Be a self-starter, be accountable and have a sense of urgency in delivering results that have medical impact and yield a positive customer experience.
Maintain self-awareness and continually choose behaviors and responses based on how it impacts one's own and others' performance and engagement.
• Demonstrated clinical and technical skills.
• Demonstrated ability to rapidly adopt and utilize new digital technology and other resources with medical customers and record medical interactions (e.g. iPAD, Acronis, WEBEX, on-demand video-conferencing, iMED)
• Familiarity with internal/external SOPs/Rules/Regulations regarding Pfizer/customer interactions and relationships, etc.
Ability to operate a Pfizer company car and regularly fly on airplanes (ie. attend HCP/customer meetings; attend NYHQ meetings, etc.) required; proximity to airline 'hub' city); Flexibility to travel 60-80% of time.
Eligible for employee referral bonus
Last Date to Apply: 3/19
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.