Pfizer Access Transformation Director in Walton Oaks, United Kingdom
The healthcare industry is experiencing an unprecedented level and pace of change. The need to respond to rising costs and increasingly complex population health issues while delivering an improved standard of care is pushing healthcare systems globally to evolve from a volume-based model to one focused on delivering value to Patients and to society. In the future, healthcare companies will be assessed on their ability to contribute to improved health outcomes for a patient or population. This evolution requires Pfizer to identify and confidently adopt novel solution approaches that transform the way it engages the healthcare market, secures patient access to its medicines and supports the attainment of improved health outcomes.
The IMPACT Accelerator is tasked with exploring, creating and accelerating adoption of new models for access to healthcare that will be required to partner and thrive in a value-based healthcare environment.
The Access Transformation Director for International Developed Markets will be tasked with researching, developing, managing, and evaluating multiple in-market Patient Access and Outcome Improvement experiments designed to test and identify:
New models for pricing/reimbursement
New ways to demonstrate evidence of health outcomes improvement
New ways to engage with healthcare stakeholders to streamline the value chain
Success in this role depends on matrix leadership, as the successful candidate will be required to work closely with cross-functional leaders across Pfizer, and will be accountable for:
(1) understanding and remaining alert to major market access, pricing and reimbursement challenges and events relevant to our global portfolio;
(2) facilitating development of a landscape view of access challenges and novel initiatives relevant to the range of Access and Reimbursement environments across IDM;
(3) managing early evaluation of novel concepts, agile prototyping and then the design of in-market experiments to validate hypotheses and assumptions;
(4) leading execution and project management of required experiments with market partners (country & regional teams, customers and third parties) and developing detailed plans for subsequent scaling, adaptation, or closure.
(4) serving as an Access innovation expert to the business and supporting the scaling of best practice concepts
The successful candidate will be expected to build effective matrix relationships to stay closely connected to new access initiatives being driven within the business. In particular, as a regional role, the Director will be required to work closely with Country H&V and International PHI colleagues and Customer, Marketing and Policy leads in partner markets, among others.
In addition to working cross-functionally within Pfizer, this leader will be required to engage directly with senior leaders from existing Payer and Provider customers while also identifying new market entrants poised to disrupt the market. This leader will be required to identify which customers are best suited to developing experiments as well as identify how to bring new market entrants into the mix in order to accelerate the experiment.
Develop access, reimbursement and value-based healthcare research to inform potential access experimentation
Develop innovative experiments with healthcare systems, payers and third parties that enable strategies to deliver broader access to medicines hallmarked by value-based principles
Curate and advocate a central perspective on the status of access innovation across the IDM region, including projects being delivered internally and externally. This will require connectivity across the Pfizer global payer/reimbursement landscape, as well as connectivity to experimentation happening in global markets; both business & Accelerator led.
Lead cross functional teams of up to 12 people tasked with building, implementing and assessing impact of in-market access experiments
Lead project management of Accelerator-led experiments and engage senior leadership with timely progress updates.
Lead day-to-day development of strategic collaborations with existing, new and emerging customers that have the potential to deliver value based access innovation across Healthcare.
Provide guidance and recommendation to Pfizer leadership on establishment of success metrics, evaluation of progress, and go/no-go determination.
Facilitate the scale up design and dissemination of successful experiments.
Present recommendations to senior leaders across the organization designed to influence change that will enable Pfizer to thrive in a value based market
Reliably develop and maintain critical external stakeholder and customer relationships, in full collaboration with local market or subject matter expert relationship holders across Pfizer.
• Extensive experience in the pharmaceutical or payer industry. Understands trends in healthcare and pharmaceuticals, aware of competitor strategies, knowledge of healthcare dynamics in key IDM markets and/or other major global regions/markets, and a well-developed understanding of healthcare pricing, access, and reimbursement processes and landscape challenges.
• Ability to influence key stakeholders at senior levels of the organization (Global Presidents, Regional and Market Leaders, Department leaders, and Functional counterparts).
• Demonstration of strong strategic thinking skills, as evidenced by the ability to identify alternative scenarios, resulting implications, and development of pragmatic recommendations for direction or action
• Ability to understand and translate market and competitive dynamics into strategic implications for Pfizer's business;
Understanding of experimentation or pilot processes, with ability to demonstrate impact and drive rapid, fact-based decision making based on results
Ability to network and build partnerships/collaborations with external parties, often at senior levels of customers and partner organizations
• Ability to work effectively in a matrix organization and lead with indirect authority
• Strong presentation skills sufficient to address Global BU Leadership, and external audiences
• Prior experience in consulting is preferred, with particular emphasis on Healthcare or Health Policy experience
• BA/BS required. MBA or related advanced degree preferred
The closing deadline for applications is July 29th.
All applicants must have the relevant authorisation to live and work in the UK.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.