Pfizer Undergraduate in Walton Oaks, United Kingdom
Junior Brand Manager (Regional Marketing) - Undergraduate position
Pfizer Innovative Health - Rare Disease Group
IDM Marketing Core Team, Heamophilia Portfolio
Our Rare Disease business is a unit within Pfizer which works to develop effective therapies for patients affected by rare disorders, which are defined by the Orphan Drug Act of 1983 as those diseases affecting fewer than 200,000 patients in the United States. The Regional Marketing Team is responsible for the development of regional brand strategies and operational activities across the International Developed Markets (IDM) Region, which includes Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Japan and Korea. The team partners with country cross-functional and global colleagues to ensure that the strategic direction and activities drive brand performance and superior customer experience. Market and customer insights from the Region are used to drive global and regional brand development, lifecycle management and business performance.
The Regional Heamophilia team is responsible for managing 2 proudcts that can prevent and control bleeding in patients with Haemophilia A and B types, specifically Refacto AF and BeneFIX. Haemophilia A and B are x-linked inherited diseases in which mutations of the gene for Factor VIII and Factor IX, respecitivley, results in coagulation factor defeciencies. There are a number of available clotting factor replacements and products targeting other mechanisms, making the market highly competitive. In addition, the nature of the market is unique in several aspects including having highly engaged and influenctial patient groups as well as significant national tenders driven by payers seeking to manage healthcare resources.
The team is primarily based in Walton Oaks, Surrey, UK, and this role will be based here. This is a highly virtual role, with some travel across the region as required.
What can I achieve and what will I be responsible for whilst completing a placement at Pfizer?
You will work closely with Senior Brand Managers on defined promotional activities and
projects. You will have the opportunity to build on your current skills and develop new ones in whilst working in a corporate environment.
• Support Brand Managers in the development and implementation of European brand strategies and activities, including project management support for regional customer-facing activities
• Cross-functional working with the regional team, country colleagues, global HQ, healthcare
professionals and external agencies
• Communicate across markets gaining insights to drive brand strategies
• Develop, review and ensure compliant materials for each activity, gaining approval from
• Support team to maximise new marketing channels, including digital and e-platforms
What other opportunities and benefits do Pfizer offer?
You will have the opportunity to work in a cross-functional setting, interacting with both internal and external stakeholders. You will also have the opportunity to travel across the Region and attend key trainings in line with development plan and major events such as congresses, internal meetings and Pfizer standalone medical education events.
When can I start?
Placements will start on 2nd September 2019 and will run for 12 months.
• On target for a 2:1 Degree Classification
• Effective planning and organizational skills
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Ability to generate creative and innovative ideas
• Financial acumen - ability to work with numbers
• Strong communication skills - written, verbal and presentation skills
• Self-motivated - able to take the initiative, 'can do' attitude
• Accountable - takes ownership
• Life sciences, business or marketing undergraduate/background
• Project management skills
• Previous marketing, commercial or PR experience, including digital marketing knowledge
• Cultural awareness, international outlook
Please note that we only accept application forms. Please do not send over your CV or cover letter as they will not be considered.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.